An effective employee handbook is critical in today's legally charged employment atmosphere.
A handbook not only introduces your company and its employment and business philosophy to your employees. It is also a communications tool that delivers information on company policies, procedures, benefits and compensation programs.
Unwritten and uncommunicated policies lead to inconsistent and arbitrary treatment of employees. This may, in turn, trigger employment discrimination complaints or increase the chances of labor organizing in your firm.
ASE can assist your firm in develop a new employee handbook or update an existing employee handbook. This service includes the following:
- Auditing your organization's policies and practices
- Ensuring the Employee Handbook contains all necessary legal notices and disclaimer language
- Avoiding conflicting policy statements that cause confusion and may lead to legal challenges
- Recommending a complete set of policy statements that reflect your organization's goals and objectives for employee relations and communications
- Developing reader-friendly language to explain your organization's policies and procedures
- Organizing a straightforward document layout to facilitate reader-friendliness and future editing